From Dungeons of Dredmor Wiki
Current user rating: 75/100 (8 votes)
|Skill 1||Fungal Arts|
|Skill 2||Promethean Magic|
|Skill 6||Blood Mage|
- This build is carried by fungal in the early game and then by the heavily powerful skills in Promethean and Mathemagic late game.
- Firstly, you will want to get fungal up to level 5 for the two free pets and to farm the useful mushrooms, 'inky', nightcap', 'greedy', 'fairy'. and also odious to turn into projectiles and sell for decent cash. Turning the less useful ones into one of these.
- You will want to make sure you have 'unliving wall' in the Golemancy tree to stop unwanted enemies nibbling your feet. You may also want to get 'thaumite'. Get this after fungal and you will have all the corpses you need to create nightcaps and all the maneuverabilty you can ask for. Who needs defence stats when the mobs can't reach you?
- You will also want to make sure you get 'this translation is all wrong' in Archaeology to make sure you can have a comfortable mana regen (so you aren't popping a night cap every three turns).
- You will only want Blood mage level 2, as level 3 only gives an average 0.5 SP from each kill and only 1 more spell power.
- With Promethean you will want to aim for the 'obvious fireball'. Very very handy. Especially for Zoos.
- Finally with Mathemagic it may be worth maxing out, but most of it is useful. 'xeculid' is a terrific escape skill. 'Recursive curse' is amazing (if you can get the mana down to reasonable levels) at around 50 spell points it hits for around 30 each round and only costs 6 mana. 'Zenic' is also terrific - if your base spell power reaches ~50 it is actually completely free. and adds an additional 18 spell power when fully stacked. 'Curse of golden ratio' is also very good if you are in need of cash.
- To regain health easily, just pop a greedy mushroom and attack pet for vampirism attack (makes taking the vampirism tree more or less useless!) Remember, if there are corpses under the mob you are attacking you will drain more hp. - Or you can just use fairywodgers to heal.
- To escape from situations easily, use 'inky hoglanterns', use 'frodas' or 'xecluids' if you have it - you can also teleport onto doors with 'xeculid' if you wish to check out the room ahead and give a guaranteed escape route.
- If you can afford the 1 mana every 5 turns keep your eye out for a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster - giving you 'syzygy' (astrology) buff for free.
- Don't take ley walker. It is SO SO easy to get mana regen to 1 per round making it useless. ESPECIALLY with archeology; even on going rogue. There are 9 slots for items. Any item can have mana regen increase.
- So basically farm shrooms, let pets carry you. Use walls and fireball/curse of golden/thaumite to clear out zoos early on. Get blood magic lvl 2 and archeology up. Then just flesh out the skills however you want.
- Perception is there to help with traps and to increase spell range (due to visual sight increases) - This could also be switched out for burglary if you are so inclined.
- Weaknesses? It can be abit tedious collecting mushrooms, but you will end up getting loads of them and not using many late game at all. A few trap affiliation items may still be needed at the endgame since archeology and perception doesnt QUITE carry it to the top tier traps (although it will stop the nasty mid level ones (thaumite, corruption etc). Physically the build can be a very strong one, popping a greedy and going 1 on 1 with a mob is easily doable (atleast until arch diggles - but by then you shouldn't need to do that at all)