From Dungeons of Dredmor Wiki
Discuss! Zzinged 01:55, 15 July 2011 (MDT)
I have many fond memories of doing Day in the Life stories from the ToME forums/wiki, which seems to have gone by the wayside. Dredmor seems like a good place to have the same thing, any thoughts? MasterShizzle 16:31, 21 August 2011 (MDT)
- I have no idea what you're referring to. Examples? --Snicker 01:11, 22 August 2011 (MDT)
- There are examples from ToME [here], and other roguelikes have similar forums and collections. A DitL is basically a narrative Let's Play designed to give other players an idea of what's going through the narrator's mind as they play. The good ones are both entertaining and informative, and I've gotten a lot better at roguelikes because of them. MasterShizzle 16:06, 22 August 2011 (MDT)
- You might get more people reading a DitL article if you post it on the Steam or Gaslamp forums. Our wiki forums aren't much frequented and the wiki isn't set up to have blog posts. Something like what you suggest should appear as a day's update or blog entry imo. /Zzinged 21:57, 22 August 2011 (MDT)
- Roger that. If I get a build worthy of a DitL thread I'll just post in the forum, then. Prospects are looking up, so far.
I would find it very useful if there was a page on the achievements in the game (I'm not sure if it's only Steam achievements right now), along with suggestions for how to get them e.g. using the Burglar's infinite picks skill to end up with infinite lutefisk, even if the user suggestions are as 'obvious' as being very careful when playing permadeath mode. Anyone else think it's a good idea? I'm happy to fill out info if someone creates the page/layout/template, or to come up with a layout myself. 09:16, 12 September 2011 (MDT)
What, if any, are the guidelines on recording items/artifacts and their stats? I imagine there's some variation depending on whether you find an item 'lying around' or it's rewarded from e.g. lutefisk god, Inconsequentia etc. I don't think anyone wants to go rampaging through the wiki 'contributing' only to find all their work's been for nothing or was in the wrong places! 09:25, 12 September 2011 (MDT)
- Do not add artifacts. They are all randomly generated based on the base items, and are therefore pointless to list. --Bhruic 10:56, 12 September 2011 (MDT)
Missing categories on front page
- Done. Sorry for the massive delay! /Zzinged 04:56, 20 June 2012 (MDT)
Patch 1.0.11 and "You Have to Name the Expansion"
Anyone know how I can get a hold of someone who can update the main page and can create new pages so we can start compiling information on the new skills/items/monsters? I already edited the Fleshsmithing page as best I could, but I'm still new at this. Thanks ahead of time, PolkaGnome 00:19, 17 June 2012 (MDT)