From Dungeons of Dredmor Wiki
A terrifying sorcerer, who sought to defy death by means of his powerful magic. Now, trapped in the Dungeon, he seeks to turn the world to dust. Evil dust.
Latin Taxonomy: (real name unknown)
Base level: 10
XP Value: 0*
Skill Levels: Fighter 15, Rogue 10, Wizard 40
AI Aggressiveness: 30
Spells: 40% chance to cast one of the following:
- Corpse Reviver
- Shroud of Darkness
- Thor's Fulminaric Bolt
- Arctic Vortex
- Obvious Fireball
- Corrupt Equipment
- Gargoyle Acid Bolt
- Monster Blink
Special: On hit: 100% chance to Corrupt Equipment.
It is heavily recommended that characters take Lord Dredmor on at range, because otherwise, his melee attack will be guaranteed to corrupt equipment with every hit. Getting him alone is also essential, otherwise, he may continue to revive dead monsters to attack the character. The recommended damage type is holy
- Although Lord Dredmor is the toughest monster in the dungeon, he is worth zero experience. This is because the game ends as soon as he is defeated.
- Lord Dredmor's sprites are identified as "lich" indicating his necromatic origins.
- Defeating Lord Dredmor on Elves just want to have fun will earn the achievement "Dread Less". Doing it on Dwarvish Moderation will earn "Dead Dread," and doing it on Going Rogue will earn the achievement "Dread More."
- Winning with Permadeath wins earn different achievements: Killing Dredmor on Elvishly Easy with Permadeath earns "Dread or Alive", while Dwarven Moderation earns "Dread and Buried", and finally, "Left For Dread" is the ultimate achievement for killing Dredmor on Going Rogue mode with Permadeth turned on.
- Being killed by Lord Dredmor earns its own achievement: "It's MY Dungeon."
- He is found at the last level of the dungeon, 10 or 15 with Realm of Diggle Gods