From Dungeons of Dredmor Wiki
A terrifying sorcerer, who sought to defy death by means of his powerful magic. Now, trapped in the Dungeon, he seeks to turn the world to dust. Evil dust.
Latin Taxonomy: (real name unknown)
Base level: 10
XP Value: 0*
Skill Levels: Fighter 15, Rogue 10, Wizard 40
AI Aggressiveness: 30
Spells: 40% chance to cast one of the following:
- Corpse Reviver
- Shroud of Darkness
- Thor's Fulminaric Bolt
- Arctic Vortex
- Obvious Fireball
- Corrupt Equipment
- Gargoyle Acid Bolt
- Monster Blink
Special: On hit: 100% chance to Corrupt Equipment.
It is recommended to get him alone, otherwise, he may continue to repeatedly revive dead monsters to attack the character. The recommended damage type is holy or, oddly enough, acidic. Blasting and of course aethereal damage is effective as well.
As his melee attack is quite powerful and has the annoying property of corrupting your equipment, it's understandable to want to engage him from a distance.
Most crossbow users, however, will find themselves out of ammo far before his health bar has even been chipped by one tenth. And only a few spells in the game can really do any damage to him at all; even less will deal full damage.
Users of Promethean Magic or Viking Wizardry will find themselves much less effective, but still able to deal partial damage with their ultimate abilities. Egyptian Magic is utterly useless, as is Necronomiconomics. Astrology is really the only skill that will deal decent amounts of damage to him, but requires you to get dangerously close. One tactic may be to lay massive amounts Solar Inscriptions and try to lure him through them.
The Rogue Scientist's skills and the Paranormal Investigator's Alien Weapon ability will deal great damage but all have lengthy cooldowns. The (relatively) quickest way to blast Dredmor down from a distance is perhaps the Perception skill's Eye Lasers. They'll deal a minimum of 20 damage a shot and allow you to stay at maximum range to escape if he gets too close.
Dredmor has a little over 2,000 health on Dwarven Moderation difficulty, meaning you'll have to land about 100 Eye Lasers on him to kill him. With the proper escape skills this is really not that difficult, but takes an annoyingly long amount of time.
- Although Lord Dredmor is the toughest monster in the dungeon, he is worth zero experience. This is because the game ends as soon as he is defeated.
- Lord Dredmor's sprites are identified as "lich" indicating his necromatic origins.
- Defeating Lord Dredmor on Elves just want to have fun will earn the achievement "Dread Less". Doing it on Dwarvish Moderation will earn "Dead Dread," and doing it on Going Rogue will earn the achievement "Dread More."
- Winning with Permadeath wins earn different achievements: Killing Dredmor on Elvishly Easy with Permadeath earns "Dread or Alive", while Dwarven Moderation earns "Dread and Buried", and finally, "Left For Dread" is the ultimate achievement for killing Dredmor on Going Rogue mode with Permadeth turned on.
- Being killed by Lord Dredmor earns its own achievement: "It's MY Dungeon."
- He is found at the last level of the dungeon, 10 or 15 with Realm of Diggle Gods